You'll be a hero when you let people try these crunchy and straight-up addictive kale chips. The perfect post-workout snack, high in healthy fats, vitamin C and vitamin A.
This awesome recipe was created for FreshCap by Chef Teresa Hansen.
1 bunch organic Lacinato kale (about 1 pound)
3 tablespoons organic mellow light miso paste
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
2 teaspoons minced ginger
2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
¼ cup avocado or olive oil
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons HERO2 Cordyceps powder
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cut or tear kale into 1 inch pieces, discarding any large stems. Add to large bowl and set aside.
- Add miso paste, chili garlic sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, oil, water and FreshCap mushroom powder to a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour miso-mushroom mixture over kale and toss to combine, rub each leaf to season evenly. Toss with sesame seeds to evenly coat.
- Evenly spread kale chips on dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 125 F for 4 hours. If baking- spread kale chips evenly on baking sheet and bake at 200 F for 1 hour and 40 minutes, rotating pan after the first hour.
- Store in loosely covered bowl at room temperature.
Nutrition facts per serving (1/4 serving): 230 calories/17g Carbs, 5g protein 16g fat, 400mg sodium
NOTES:Lacinato kale also known as Tuscan or black kale was tested for this recipe. Substitute green curly kale if necessary.
Get some mushrooms in your life! FreshCap Mushrooms supplements are made from nothing but 100% pure mushroom fruiting bodies. No grains, mycelium, or other added fillers. Get it here!